Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
India North Sikkim Tour
Sikkim, located in the eastern, Himalaya, sits between Nepal and Bhutan, while to the north lies eastern Tibet.
The North Sikkim Trek is a high altitude trek with the trail leading through mostly alpine vegetation consisting of beautiful alpine flowers and plants of medicinal value only the first 2 days of the trek is covered with forest area consisting of mainly of different species of Rhododendrons, Silver Fir.
There are no villages, lodges or trekkers hut along the trails, it is a purely camping.At places temporary bridges have to be built across rivers as there are no permanent bridges along this route. This trek offers very close and majestic views of Mt. Kanchendzonga; Mt. Spinach considered one of the most beautiful peaks in the world, Mt. Simon, Tent Peak, Nepal peak, the Shorten Mina Range and few more.
Please note that for North Sikkim we need a minimum of 04 pax to obtain the trekking permit and we suggest that the maximum number of pax should be 12 which will be good for the group. Clients Bio-Data, passport and Valid Indian Visa details along with 4 Nos. of passport size photographs has to be submitted to us 2/3 months in advance as the permits for North Sikkim is processed by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Defiance, New Delhi.
Day 01: Pick up at Bagdogra/Bhadrapur, transfer to Gangtok (1,547m) O/N hotel
Day 02: Gangtok sight seeing, and permit formalities O/N hotel
Day 03: Transfer to Lachen (2728m) O/N Lodge
Day 04: Arrangement of porters and Army Liaison officer O/N lodge
Day 05: Trek to Thalem (2900m) O/N camp
Day 06: Jakthang (3240m) O/N camp
Day 07: Trek to Yabuk (3810m) O/N camp
Day 08: Trek to Green Lake (4934m) O/N camp
Day 09: Exploring surrounding at Green lake O/N camp
Day 10: Trek back beyond Rest Camp
Day 11: Trek beyond Tangchung La (5212m) O/N camp
Day 12: Trek to Theulacha (5000+m) O/N camp
Day 13: Trek Theu la (5212m) O/N camp.
Day 14: Trek to Langbo (4800m) O/N camp
Day 15: Trek to Dolmasampa (4462m) O/N camp
Day 16: Trek to Muguthang (4520m) O/N camp
Day 17: Explore around and rest day O/N camp
Day 18: Trek to Phoge, crossing Lugnak La (5035m) O/N camp
Day 19: Transfer to Lachen O/N Lodge
Day 20: Transfer to Gangtok. O/N Hotel
Day 21: Transfer, to Darjeeling O/N hotel
Day 22: Darjeeling sight seeing, hotel
Day 23: Early morning drop at Bagdogra/Bhadrapur Airport
- Airport Pick up and Drop
- Tibet Travel Permit, entrance fees
- Twin share accommodation in respective hotels
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide
- All land transport in 4-Wheel Drive jeeps
- Breakfast everyday.
- China Group Visa fees (US$ 58.00 per person)and For USA Nationality(US$142 per person)
- Flight Ticket (Kathmandu-Lhasa/Lhasa-Kathmandu)
- Departure Tax at Kathmandu airport (Rs. 1600)
- lunches & dinners; refreshments, bottled/alcoholic drinks
- any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.)
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites
- Nepal re-entry Visa (multiple entry visas are available)
- extras cost for up-grading rooms at hotels if/when applicable
- Any cost arising from political disturbances, strikes, cancellation of flights, deviation in program, delays due to landslides/ road blockage or otherwise
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport, etc.).
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012