Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Trekking in langtang is easily accessible from Kathmandu via drive to Dhunche and Syabru besi and this is good trekking choices for the people who have less time for trekking, looking for easy trek route and less travel area.
The trekking route will go through Langtang National park which is famous for Red Panda ( Ailurus fulgens) the trail passes rhododendron and bamboo forests with an abundance of wildlife, majestic waterfalls flowing over mammoth boulders with a chance to bathe in a natural hot springs, you will have a chance to see musk deer and Himalayan Thar , Mountain black beer, snow leopard wild ghoral, and more than 250 species of birds. as the trekking go higher to Langtang village and Kyanjing Gompa, you will have an opportunity to explore the village inhabited by the people of Tibetan origin, visit the monastery, taste yak cheese, looking watchful eyes of local herders, you will be rewarded the best view of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Mt Gosainkund, Langtang glaciers, rocky hill and other High mountains.
Langtang National Park( culturally rich and diverse national park), Wildlife such as red panda, monkeys by the trail, and stunning views of glaciers, lakes and mountains, Typical Tamang village, Langtang Himalayan ranges, including Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lhakpa, Kyanjing Gompa, Yala cheese factory, possibility of peak climbing, dense forests
Trek Name:Langtang Trekkking
Trek Duration: 12 Days
Best Season:February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November are the best seasons. However, July & August are okay and trekking can be done but not so clear visibility due to rain.
Accommodation: Tea House
Group Size: Min.1 to Max 10 persons in a group
Min. altitude: 1950 m
Max altitude: 4000 m
Mode of Travel:Drive: Landcruiser/Van/Bus to Dhunche/Syabru Besi
Price: For the most up-to-date and competitive price, please Contact Us
Langtang Trekking Itinerary
Day 1:Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 2:Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3:KTM to Syabru Bensi (1600m): Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru besi trekking starting point it will be 9 hours drive by bus. You will dive the bank of Trishuli River and passes terraces and green hills and you will have a majestic view of Ganesh Himal. Overnight stay at Syabru Besi.
Day 4:Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel(2470m): climb through a variety of small villages and tracts of dense forest, The trek becomes a pleasant walk through trees where Langur monkey (The honey hunter animal) frolic, passing a slice stream and small waterfalls if you are lucky you can see red pandas, monkey and bear if you are lucky.. Stay overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 5:Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3430m): From here short climb brings us to the right of where the Langtang valley begins as you start going up you will be able to see the beautiful view of Langtang Lirung peak. Passing a few temporary settlements used by herders who bring their livestock to graze in the high pastures during the summer months. It is easy to find yak and the wild goats wondering around you. Overnight in a lodge.
Day 6:Langtang valley to Kyanjing Gompa (3870m): The trail climbs gradually through small villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more extensive. After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjing. This is a beautiful town which provide excellent panoramic close up view of Langtang Lirung Genjempol, Ganjala and Naya Kenga Himal ranges. A visit to cheese factory, see the beautiful Buddhist Monastery built 400 years ago. It is a good experience to try to climb to Tsergo Ri (5033m)
Day 7:Rest day at Kyanjing Gompa: Explore around the glacier and himalayan Yak pasture.
Day 8:Kynanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel (2470m) From Kyangjin you take a same route back. Trek back to Langtang Khola to Langtang village and on to Ghora Tabela. After lunch, you continue the steep descent to Lama Hotel.
Day 9:Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi (1600m): we can work via Sherpa Gaon. We can work through the different Sherpa and Tamang villages and green hills. This path is broader and remains sunny through the different Shepra and Tamang villages. The first half part of the trail is gradually down and then the trail does steeply descent to the Syabru Besi (1600m.).
Day 10:Syabru Besi to Kathmandu (1320m) Drive from Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by bus it takes about Nine hours. It is a pleasant drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 11:Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with Nepali dinner, hotel
Day 12:Final departure, transfer to airport
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking .
- Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
- Seasonal fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Above The Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- All local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by local buses ( for bigger group start from 5 person land cruiser will be provided, for 1 to 4 person local buses and land cruiser can be provided by adding extra cost)
- Meals in Kathmandu Aprox US $ 10- US$ 12 per day
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal ’s Airport in Kathmandu )
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, sightseeing entry fee
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expences.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012