Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Langtang Gosainkunda Trekking
The Langtang Gosainkunda trek, is quite remote and populated by Sherpa and Tamang families in the north west of Kathmandu valley and popular for its culture and religion with splendid views of Himalayas including Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Annapurna Massif to Everest at the end of trek.
The people these areas are physically and culturally resemble the Tibet inhabitants and their unique lifestyle. The Gosainkunda lake is the most famous pilgrimage lake where thousands of Hindu pilgrims visits during a full –moon festival in August. People believe the image of the Lord Shiva can be seen in the middle surface of the lake water, it is also sacred to Buddhist pilgrimage.
Tranquil holy Gosainkunda Lake, Luribina La pass, Tharepati La pass, different community with majority of Tamang, Sherpa, Gurung people. Langtang National Park( culturally rich and diverse national park), Wildlife such as red panda, monkeys by the trail, and stunning views of glaciers, lakes and mountains, Typical Tamang villages, Langtang Himalayan ranges, including Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lhakpa, Gosaikunda Lake, Helambu Valley, Kyanjing Gompa, cheese factory,
Trek Name:Langtang Gosainkuda Trekking
Trek Duration: 16 Days
Best Season:February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November are the best seasons. However, July & August are okay and trekking can be done but not so clear visibility due to rain.
Trek Grade:Moderate + Fairly Strenuous
Accommodation: Tea House
Group Size: Min.1 to Max 10 persons in a group
Min. altitude: 1950 m
Max altitude: 4800 m
Mode of Travel:Drive: Car/Van/Bus to Dhunche/Syabru Besi
Price: For the most up-to-date and competitive price, please Contact Us
Langtang Gosainkunda Trekking Itinerary:
Day 1:Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 2:Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3:KTM – Syabru Bensi, Drive to trekking starting point. Syabru Bensi is about 9 hour drive which provides you mountain scenery and landscape. Stay overnight there.
Day 4:Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel climb through a variety of small villages and tracts of dense forest, the trek becomes a pleasant walk through trees where Langur monkey (The honey hunter animal) frolic, passing a slice stream and small waterfalls. stay overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 5:Lama Hotel to Langtang: From here short climb brings us to the right of where the Langtang valley begins as you start going up you will be able to see the beautiful view of Langtang Lirung peak. It is easy to find yak and the wild goats wondering around you.Overnight in a lodge.
Day 6:Langtang valley to Kyanjing Gompa, A beautiful town which provide excellent panoramic close up view of Langtang Lirung Genjempol, Ganjala and Naya Kenga Himal ranges. A visit to cheese factory, see the beautiful Buddhist Monastery built 400 years ago. It is a good experience to try to climb to Tsergo Ri (5033m)
Day 7:Rest day at Kyanjing Gompa: Explore around the glacier and himalayan Yak pasture.
Day 8:Kynanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel, Trek down to Lama Hotel, overnight in camp.
Day 9:Lama Hotel to Big Syabru Bensi: trek back to Syabru Bensi
Day 10:Big Syabru Bensi to Sing Gompa: From here you will have two alternative routes to Goshainkunda, This one is commonly considered as a normal route also as a popular one.
Day 11:Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda Lake . The trail to Lauri Binayak is steep & continues for three hours. Then the trail becomes much narrow & misty as well as change in vegetation too as the green vegetation becomes much deserted & rocky. From lauri Binayak takes about 3 hours to reach to Gosainkunda.
Day 12:Gosainkunda to Ghopte (3480m). After expore around at at Gosainkunda, we set for another day's walk. The walk goes through a steep trail for 2 & half an hour & crosses a pass at 4500m and the trail is too rocky. After the pass the trail becomes to descend & the slope continues for about 3 hours & reaches to Ghopte for the night halt.
Day 13:Ghopte to Kutumsang (2440m). The trail continues through the forest of pine & juniper about 2 hour's slope up to Thadepati.Except ascending to Tharepati, the rest of the trail will descend. Sufficient hotels, lodges and temporary tea-house are available on the route. Attractive Mountain views as well as local peoples' life style, culture; customs would be additional subject of interests
Day 14:Kutumsang to Chisopani: A pleasent walk down to the Pati bhanyjyang and workign up to Chisopani you can enjoy another spectacular view from Kutumsang(2200m)
Day 15:Chisopani to Kathmandu: work down to Sundarijal on the way you will pass Tamang village and Rhododendron forest after Sundarijal drive back to Kathmandu
Day 16::Final departure, transfer to airport
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking .
- Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
- Seasonal fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Above The Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- All local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by local buses ( for bigger group start from 5 person land cruiser will be provided, for 1 to 4 person local buses and land cruiser can be provided by adding extra cost)
- Meals in Kathmandu Aprox US $ 10- US$ 12 per day
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal ’s Airport in Kathmandu )
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, sightseeing entry fee
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expences.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.