Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
India Ladakh Dharmashala Tour
On this tour, we will discover the Ladakh and the Nubra valleys, which have been a crossroad for commercial activities between India, Tibet and Central Asia. Those two valleys are linked together by the highest motorable roads in the world, passing over the Khardong la pass at a height of 5400 m. In Ladakh, we will discover the ancient kingdom of Sham, the main Ladakh monasteries and the wonderful sites surrounding them: Shey, Thiksey, Hemis, Spitok, Phyang, Lamayuru and Alchi… The second valley was an important stage for caravans following the Silk Road, which where swapping their mules for the famous camels of Bactriane. It is only since 1995 that the restricted area of the Nubra opened its doors to foreigners. Lying approximately 400m lower than Leh, Nubra sports a much milder climate, which enables its inhabitants to cultivate more extensively, as compared to their counterparts in the main Indus valley. We will continue our journey south, through wild landscapes, high passes (2 above 5000 m) towards Dharmashala a tiny Tibet perched at hillside.
Day 01: Arrival Delhi, transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Leh, transfer to hotel
Day 03: Leh - Sightseeing, hotel
Day 04: Leh - Sightseeing, hotel
Day 05: short drive to Phyang - Alchi, hotel
Day 06: short drive to Lamayuru, hotel
Day 07: short drive to Likir - Nié - Leh, hotel
Day 08: short drive to Khardong La - Hundar, hotel
Day 09: Hundar. Camel safari
Day 10: Drive to Leh, hotel
Day 11: Drive to Sarchu, camp
Day 12: Drive to Manali, hotel.
Day 13: Manali - Excursion, hotel
Day 14: Drive to Dharmashala, hotel.
Day 15: Dharmashala - Excursion, hotel.
Day 16: Transfer to Delhi, hotel.
Day 17:Delhi - Leisure day, hotel
Day 18: Transfer to airport for final departure
- Airport Pick up and Drop
- Tibet Travel Permit, entrance fees
- Twin share accommodation in respective hotels
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide
- All land transport in 4-Wheel Drive jeeps
- Breakfast everyday.
- China Group Visa fees (US$ 58.00 per person)and For USA Nationality(US$142 per person)
- Flight Ticket (Kathmandu-Lhasa/Lhasa-Kathmandu)
- Departure Tax at Kathmandu airport (Rs. 1600)
- lunches & dinners; refreshments, bottled/alcoholic drinks
- any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver, etc.)
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites
- Nepal re-entry Visa (multiple entry visas are available)
- extras cost for up-grading rooms at hotels if/when applicable
- Any cost arising from political disturbances, strikes, cancellation of flights, deviation in program, delays due to landslides/ road blockage or otherwise
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport, etc.).
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012