Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Ganja La Pass trek
The Langtang Ganjala Pass (5200m), trekking is closer to Kathmandu than other trekking region. Just after the monsoon, this trek gives superb views of the great peak of Langtang Lirung (7246m) which dominates the upper valley and straddles the Tibetan border. In spring time it is an ideal place to spot birds and flowers of Nepal. According to a legend, a lama following a runaway yak discovered the valley, hence the name -Lang (Tibetan name for YAK), Tang (more currently "Dhang" means to follow). There are good opportunities for moderate climbing excursions here, you should allow some extra days for exploration of the extensive glacier system.
Our return route takes us past the holy lakes of Gosainkunda, an important place of pilgrimage, and over a high pass that brings us almost to the edge of Kathmandu itself. The land scapes we cross are extremely varied rice terraces, gigantic rhododendron and fir forests. In the altitide a rock and shrub wilderness set against a back a drop of snowy peaks, The crossing of Ganjala pass is high mountain, some times requires the use of ice axe and crampons.
Visit Tibetan village at Langtang – Amazing views of Langtang Ri, Ganesh Himal, Lang Sisa – Ascent of Chorkari Ri (5050m) – Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000m – Spectacular views of the Ice fluted Gyanghempo- Crossing the Ganjala pass 5122m- Walk through the Helembu valley.
Trek Name:Ganjala Pass Trekking
Trek Duration: 16 Days
Best Season:March, April, May, September, October, November are the best seasons.
Accommodation: Tented Camp
Group Size: Min.1 to Max 10 persons in a group
Min. altitude: 1950 m
Max altitude: 5200 m
Mode of Travel:Drive: Landcruiser/Van/Bus to Dhunche/Syabru Besi
Price: For the most up-to-date and competitive price, please Contact Us
Itinerary for Ganja La Pass trekking
Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport , transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO world heritage site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay.
Day 3: Kathamndu – Syabru Bensi, Drive to trekking starting point. Syabrubesi is about 8to 9 hour drive which provides you mountain scenery and landscape. Stay overnight there.
Day 4: Syabru Bensi Trekking to Lama Hotel climb through a variety of small villages and tracts of dense forest, The trek becomes a pleasent walk through trees where Langur monkey (The honey hunter animal) frolic,passing a sice stream and small waterfalls.stay overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 5: Lamahotel Trekking to Langtang: From here short climb brings us to the right of where the Langtang valley begins as you start going up you will be able to see the beautifu view of Langtang Lirung peak. It is easy to find yak and the wild goats wondering around you.
Day 6: Langtang Trekking to Kyanjing Gompa : A beautiful town which provide excellent panoramic close up view of Langtang Lirung Genjempol, Ganjala and Naya Kenga Himal ranges. A visit to cheese factory, see the beautiful Buddhist jMonastry buitlt 400 years ago. It is a good experience to try to climb to Tsergo Ri (5033m)
Day 7: Rest day at Kyanjing Gompa : Explore around the glacier and Himalayan Yak pasture.
Day 8: Kyangin Gompa trekking to - Ngegang: 4100m climb up through a rhododendron forest and junipers towards the Ngegang yak pastures.
Day 9: Ngegang trekking to Ganjala Pass (5200m) to Keldang: Te ascent to the pass is quite diffucult and challenging, following a streams at first, and continuining over snow and rocks, we scrambled the last 100m on a steeps and snowy slope. The pass provides a majestic panaramic vies of the Langtang Lirung and the snowy summits of the Tibetan border.
Day 10: Keldang trekking to Dukpu: Mostly ascent and descent along the ridge trail.
Day 11: Dukpu trekking to Tarkeghyang: ,First climb to reach a pass from where we can have a another great view over the himalayas, from here descent towards the Helambu valley mostly working through a fir and rhododendron forest.
Day 12: Tarkegyang trekking to Sermathang: A flat pleasant walk to Shermathang for walking. This is a an entering Sherpa village and they will be happy to introduce themselves that they are different from the Sherpa of Khumbu(Everest region) In the clear day the villages provide good views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gosainkunda and Rolwaling. Even Everest too in a distance.
Day 13: Melamchi drive back to Kathmandu transfer to hotel
Day 14: Kathmandu free day, evening culture show and Nepali dinner, hote
Day 15: Final departure, transfer to airport
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van
- 4 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking .
- Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
- Seasonal fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Above The Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- All local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by local buses ( for bigger group start from 5 person land cruiser will be provided, for 1 to 4 person local buses and land cruiser can be provided by adding extra cost)
- Meals in Kathmandu Aprox US $ 10- US$ 12 per day
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal ’s Airport in Kathmandu )
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, sightseeing entry fee
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expences.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012