Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Be an eco-friendly traveler!!
Above the Himalaya Trekking (P) Ltd only run eco friendly treks and tour in the Himalayas . Awareness and responsibility are the most important things to take with you on your journey. Your behavior has an effect on the local’s attitude towards their culture and environment .Therefore, please not only keep to the legal rules but give the best example you can.
- Burn paper waste, Bury food waste properly, or feed it to stock animals. Carry out all other nonr-biodegradable garbage. Return batteries to your country for proper disposal.
- Purify drinking water yourself, instead of buying it bottled.
- Use local toilet facilities wherever possible. Carry a toilet tent, and make sure the pit is covered properly when you leave. On the trail, stay at least 50m away from water sources, and bury you waste.
Respect People & Culture
- Adopt local custom, don’t wear revealing clothes. Save caresses for private moments.
- Respect privacy: Ask before photographing people or religious sites. Don’t enter houses uninvited,
- Respect local management, Gompas and caves may be closed for outsides or accessible for a small fee or donation.
- Discourage begging and encourage fair dealing
Protect Wildlife & Landscape
- Remember that is illegal to disturb wildlife, to remove animals or plants, or to buy wildlife products
Let Himalayas change you. Don not change them,