Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Annapurna is a Sanskrit name that can be translated as goddess of harvests or more simply the provider (This is the most popular trek in Nepal , which passes through some of the most stunning scenery on earth.) Few place in the world such a splendid variety of natural beauty as the Annapurna region. It is rare combination of long array of snow capped peaks, crystal clear lakes, and turbulent rivers with deep gorges, hot springs and picturesque villages inhabited by simple and friendly local people. This three-week trek takes you far way from the road, in to the heart of the high mountains.
Annapurna area/region offers a great variety of beautiful landscapes, nature & culture of the central Himalayan area of Nepal with the best & splendid Himalayan panorama of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Hiun Chuli and several other mid western Himalayan ranges of Nepal . From the heights of the pass we descend to Muktinath and its scared Buddhist and Hindu Shrines. Further south, the contrasts of the Nepal Himalaya become even more apparent, as high windswept passes are replaced by forests, or mandarin and banana groves. Finally we trek out of the gorges and look back to the peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri , before traversing the forest ridges down to Pokhara.
Mostly visited Trekking route, Picturesque villages, turbulent river gorges, Ascending the Marshyangdi valley, Visit old Buddhist monastery in Braga - Explore beautiful Manang village- Crossing the Throng- La (5416m) - The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath, Typical Thakali village in Tukuche, The Apple kingdom of Nepal in Marpha, Views of Dhaulagiri Ice- fall, The world deepest gorge in the Kali Gandaki River, Natural Hot spring at Tatopani.
Trek Name :Annapurna Trekking
Trek Duration:17 Days
Best Season:February - June, September - November are the best months among others. July and August are okay for trekking. However, the visibility is likely to disturbed due to rain.
Trek Grade :Moderate+Fairly Strenuous
Accommodation :Tea House
Group Size:Min.1 to Max 18 persons in a group
Min altitude: 820m
Max altitude:5416 m
Mode of Travel:Drive: Car/Van/Bus to Besisahar/Pokhara and Flight: Pokhara
Price:For the most up-to-date and competitive price, please Contact Us
Annapurna Trekking Itinerary
Days 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Days 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Days 3: Kathmandu to Syange (1080m): Drive Kathmandu to Khudi : Drive to Khudi about 7 hours by local bus and take a jeep drive until Syange (1080m) ( we don’t recommend this route in rainy season as road are making you can use a normal route on rainy season from mid June to mid August)
Days 4: Syange to Tal (1700m): passing through tiny Tibetan villages, the trail ascends through the rhododendron forest to Chamje at 1440m height after having a lunch in chamje the path climbs the river through bamboo groves overnight in Tal (1700m)
Days 5: Tal to Chame( 2710m) we cross barely and potato fields to reach Dharapani and work an hour to Bagarchhap (2160m) site of our first Tibetan Monastery and with the views of Annapurna 2 and Lamjung Himal from here The trail climbs along the mule track through in and fir forest and then follows the river for a time amongst the higher oak and maple trees. Stay at Chame 2710m
Days 6: Chame to Pisang (3210m): The trail follows through the river valley stay at pisang(3210m) with good views along the way of Pisang peak and Annapurna 2.overnight in Lowe pisang you can have a day excurtion to Upper Pisang.
Days 7: Pisang to Manang (3570m): Work through the fields of grazing Yak and a wide variety of crops. This large Tibetan settlement provides good views of Annapurna2, 3, 4, Gangapurna and Tarkekang. Overnight stay at Manang.
Days 8: Acclimatization day at Mannag: This is a rest day to acclimatize to the higher altitude. Time to visit monasteries take advice from Himalayan Rescue Association and observe the spectacular views of the Himalaya .
Days 9: Manang to Churi Letder (4250m): We move through alpine pastures to scrubby forests of juniper and rose. We stay at Churi Letder an elevation of 4250m.
Days 10: Churi atter to Thorong Phedi Base Camp (4400m): Working near by the river, It is some time possible to see herds of blue mountain sheep stay overnight at Thorong Phedi 4400m
Days 11: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3800m): Crossing Thorung La, arrive Muktinath, We ascend steeply to high camp at 4590m then along an undulating trail to the flat top of throngla( 5416m) from here the trail descend steeply down to Muktinath. This is one of the most important pilgrimage sights for Hindus. It is also home to many ethnics Tibetans and holy Buddhists stay at 3800m
Days 12: Muktinath to Jomsom (2712m) : gradually through field and popular groves, then in to Kaligandaki valley. Visiting a old buddhist Monastery. From here route goes through a kaligandaki river, The Kali Gandaki valley here is called the Thak Khola, from the ethnic group the Thakalis, the main inhabitants of this area. overnihg stay in Jomsom 2712m.
Days 13: Jomsom to Kalopani 2560m: Descend to Marpha, a lovely village of whitewashed houses and fertile fields. Continue down the Kali Gandaki reaching the old Thakali trading centre of Tukuche. As the trail continues, the Himalayan rain shadow end and open spaces make way for coniferous forest and Kalopani (2560m.) From here there are spectacular views of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurnas high above. Overnight stay in Kalopani.
Days 14: Kalopani to Tatopani 1110m: abeautiful walk with another transition in to subtropical vegetation and the return of water buffalo, banyan trees and poinsettias. The trail follows the river through a world deepest George and have a very nice view one of the longest waterfall. Stay at Tatopani and visit natural hot spring.
Days 15: Tatopani to Pokhara (820m): After crossing the high suspension bridge over the Kali Gandaki River we start to ascend to the Bhraman village of Rato Pani, from here we descend along a vertigo inducing cliffhanging trail to the banks of the river. We will take a private jeep from here to Beni and from Beni we take a private transport which will take you 5 to 6 hour drive overnight in Pokhara.
Days 16: Pokhara to Kathamndu: about 6 hour drive by tourist bus or 30 minutes flight takes you to Kathamndu. Evening culture show with Nepali dinner, hotel
Days 17: Final departure, transfer to airport
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van.
- 1 night hotel in Pokhara on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Annapurna Trek.
- Kathmandu to Syange Transport by Bus (Note: Private Car transport also available by adding extra cost). Nayapul to Pokhara transport by private car/taxi.
- Full board meals during the trekking (meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Twin sharing Lodges/guesthouses accommodation during the trekking
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Above The Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- Pokhara to Kathmandu Transport by Tourist Bus. (if you want to take a flight or want to travel by private car is available, by adding extra cost)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara ranges from US $ 12- US$ 14 per day.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal ’s Airport in Kathmandu )
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, Sightseeing entry fee for the city tour.
- Any local Jeep or Bus transportation in between the trekking (except cost includes section, if clients needed to use).
- Any kind of drinks, hot and cold, hot water, alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012