Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Annapurna Siklis Trek
Rough and wild, the Siklis trek cuts through less traveled country south of Annapurna 2 and Lamjung himal massif. It boasts good mountain views and the local people are unaccustomed to trekkers. It is a spectacular short trek and traverses a variety of terrain from low land villages and rich terrain up to Nepali’s largest Gurung (Gurkha) village (3000m) as well as blooming forests of rhododendron in the spring. The historic hill trek to Siklis; one of the early southern Gurung settlements and the second largest Gurung village still retains an aura of olden times.
Here, the Jhankri (shaman) and Lama (priest) have important roles in this Buddhist community, marriage, death and day-today lives. Siklis village lies above the Mardi Khola (1,981m), overlooking Annapurna IV to the north and Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal to the east. The region is particularly good for bird watching because of its pristine forested surroundings where different species of birds thrive.
Visit Pokhara Paradise on Earth, A beautiful lake city with a panorama of high Himalayas. Terraced fields, alpine pastures and rhododendron forests to typical Gurungs Village. Spectacular close-up view of Machhapuchhare and Annapurna range. Rare walk through shady forest of rhododendron- hung heavy with lichen and moss, wild flowers and orchids flowering on the branches, one of the wilderness trek in Annapurna region, the less touristy area trek.
Trek Name :Annapurna Siklis Trekking
Trek Duration:10 Days
Best Season:February - June, September - November are the best months among others. July and August are okay for trekking. However, the visibility is likely to disturbed due to rain.
Trek Grade :Easy
Accommodation :Tea House
Group Size:Min.1 to Max 18 persons in a group
Min altitude: 820 m
Max altitude:2100 m
Mode of Travel:Drive: Car/Van/Bus to Besisahar/Pokhara and Flight: Pokhara
Price:For the most up-to-date and competitive price, please Contact Us
Annapurna Siklis Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu , transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara by bus about 6 to 7 hours drive.
Day 04: Pokhara to Kalikasthan: Drive to Bijayapur and trek through different tribal villages to kalikasthan, camping at the topo of the mountain which offers you panoramic views of the Himalaya .
Day 05: Kalikasthan to Lammchaur: Passing water falls, the tracks moves down hill to the lush green river valley before climbing lamachaur.
Day 06: Lamachaur to Siklis: The way climbs to siklis through dense rhododendron forest and Nepal ( Largest Gurkha Village ) this is the best point to see the Himalayan panorama.
Day 07: Siklis to Ghale gaon: Descend through the forest and a smallet village to the pleasant villate of Ghale. Enjoy the panaromic view of Fishtail.
Day 08: Ghale Gaon to Pokhara. Trail descends to Pokhara through the forest passing, a diverse range of tribal villages (Bhramins, Chhetris,Gurkhas and Thakali)
Day 09: Pokhara to Kathmandu: Drive back to Kathmandu by bus.
Day 10:Final departure, transfer to airport
Price For The Trip:
The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodation) The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The number of guides and/or porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Please mail us for up to date prices for the above itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van depends on group size.
- 3 night hotel in Kathmandu on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide, and transport by private car / van depends on group size.
- 2 night hotel in Pokhara on a twin sharing bed and breakfast basis.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Trekking Permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Annapurna Trek.
- Full board meals during the trekking (Meals are choices from Menu) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trekking.
- An Experienced & Professional Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment( 1 porter for 2 person basis)
- Food, accommodation, salary, local tax, all trekking equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Proper Insurance for all trekking staff including porter.
- Above Himalaya’s duffle bag if necessary.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
- Pokhara to treks start point Kalikasthan and trek finish point Phedi to Pokhara transport by private car/van depends on group size.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and back to Kathmandu transport by tourist bus. (if you want to take a flight or want to travel by private car is available, by adding extra cost)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Culture Dinner in Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara ranges from US $ 12- US$ 14 per day.
- Nepal entry Visa Fee (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- International/Domestic Airfare and Airport Tax, Sightseeing entry fee for the city tour.
- Any kind of drinks, hot and cold, hot water, hot shower, alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Dessert, chocolates, personal shopping, laundry, phone call, internet, Camera battery charging.
- Personal trekking equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Tips and Gratitude (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price Includes section
Private Trip Departure everyday upon your request. But if you would like to join one of our Groups please see below our fixed group departure dates as per your requirement.Fixed Departure Trek 2012